CEA Curtain Bank
CEA Curtain Bank takes donated curtains and adjusts and lines them to fit your window measurements. These are available free of charge for anyone who needs curtains in their home (no criteria).
Good quality, lined curtains that fit your windows well are an essential part of a warm, energy efficient home.
A gold coin donation is much appreciated and all proceeds go back into the operations of the curtain bank.
Mobile Curtain Bank
CEA's Curtain Bank offers a mobile service to enable us to reach those within the community who cannot travel into the Curtain Bank itself. If you are elderly, have a medical condition, or cannot access transport easily, please contact us about this service.
How to apply for curtains:
- Fill out the online measurement form, or download and print it here
- Call or email us to make an appointment
- Bring your form to the appointment, where you will choose your curtains and either take them home then, or have them altered and pick them up later
Donation bin locations
We appreciate your donations of clean curtains in good condition. Please note that some of our locations are residential addresses.
Check the map for your nearest donation bin, or see the full list below.
- CBD: Community Energy Action, 299 Tuam St
- Beckenham: CCC Service Centre and Library, 66 Colombo St (cnr Colombo St & Hunter Tce)
- Darfield: Darfield Library, 1 South Tce
- Fendalton: St Barnabas Parish, 8 Tui St
- Halswell: Halswell Library, 341 Halswell Rd
- Lincoln: Lincoln & Districts Community Care, 16 Lyttelton St
- Mairehau: 6 Pamir St (private address)
- Papanui: Northcity Church, 95a Sawyers Arms Rd
- Parklands: Parklands Library: 46 Queenspark Dr
- Rangiora: Rangiora Anglican Church, 355 High St
- Rangiora: Rangiora Methodist Church, 176 King St
- Redwood: 7 Denniston Cr (private address)
- Rolleston: Rolleston Library, 94 Rolleston Dr
- Shirley: CCC Service Centre, The Palms
- Woodend: Methodist Church, 86 Main North Road, Woodend
- Woolston: Bolt of Cloth @ the Tannery: 23 Tanner Street, drop off instore between business hours (10am to 5pm, Monday to Sunday)